In the warmer weather, I want to be able to skip the heavy foundation without looking pasty and corpse-like. Not too much to ask for, surely? Here are my ultimate glow-getters for a radiant, fresh complexion...
1. Good skin starts from within. So drink plenty of water! Around 8 glasses of water a day is what I try to average. Herbal teas count towards this, but don't be fooled into thinking coffee does too - caffeine hugely dehydrates the skin, making it appear dull and lacklustre. As I love my coffee too much to quit, I ensure I drink one extra glass of water for each latte I have. I have also recently swapped my regular morning coffee for some hot water and lemon and am already noticing a huge difference to my skin. Drink up!
2. If your skin isn't prepped properly, then all my tips after this one won't work half as well. Balance Me Radiance Face Mask is wonderful for polishing and perfecting skin, creating a perfect canvas for any make-up to follow. Ground walnut shells gently slough away dead skin cells and encourage cell renewal, purifying kaolin clay helps eliminate impurities and the fruit acid complex works on restoring the skin’s natural radiance.
Radiance Face Mask | Balance Me. | £18
3. Hydration is key, and a good moisturiser will pay dividends. This nifty little one by Soap and Glory contains a "Swiss Moisture Matrix" for long lasting hydration and protection, as well as the "Bronzeburst Beads" which give your skin a sun-kissed, golden glow without the nasty fake tan look.
Glow Job Daily Radiance Moisture Lotion | Soap and Glory | £10
4. If you prefer no colour but still want an instant glow, try the Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm from Elemis. This is an everyday treat that instantly evens and brightens skin tone. The powerful formulation of vitamin complex helps protect against moisture loss, making it a must-have for long-haul flights and can be worn alone or under foundation depending on your needs.
Pro-Radiance Illuminating Flash Balm | Elemis | £32
5. Replace your ordinary, often drying powder for this Brightening Finishing Powder - an all-over powder that instantly illuminates and gives skin a healthy-looking glow. It's infused with a skin-brightening blend of mulberry and grape extracts, as well as Sodium Hyaluronate (loved for its moisture magnet-like effect) to help keep skin fresh and smooth looking. It comes in a stunning compact for touch-ups throughout the day.
Brightening Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl | Bobbi Brown | £40
6. Don't let dark circles ruin the radiant effect. Ensuring you get enough sleep and are following Step 1 by drinking plenty of water, your under-eye bags should diminish. Some of us have darker colourings under the eye area regardless, and for this Rimmel's Wake Me Up under-eye concealer is superb. It strikes the perfect balance between coverage and illumination, creating flawless results.
Wake Me Up Concealer | Rimmel London | £5.49
7. In order to look awake and healthy, skin needs colour. This little multi-tasker by NARS provides the perfect flush of colour for eyes, cheeks and lips. Its unique creamy formula and sheer color blends effortlessly to create shimmering accents, contours or dynamic highlights on all skin tones.
The Multiple in Portofino | NARS | £30
Do you have any top glow-getter tips to add?
I will be doing a review on different brightening face-masks soon - is there any you recommend I try?