Monday, 11 June 2012

wild wild rose







I recently got handed this Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm sample while I was on my way somewhere via Carnaby Street in London. I love getting samples of things I haven't ever heard of and even more so when it's a product I've been dying to try! If you follow me on Twitter (@lyl0ts) you may know I was on the hunt for a rose hip oil product to help with my skins texture and mild scarring from blemishes, but didn't want to splash out on one without doing some research first as they are quite pricey. As you can imagine I was keen to give this sample a shot as it contains rose hip oil - hip hip hooray! 

I did like this Neal's Yard offering to begin with, but it wasn't for me in the end. It applied a lot like Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream which I love, so at first I thought it would sink beautifully into my skin - which is so dry ATM that it would drink anything up. But in fact it left my skin feeling a little greasy so I could only use this at night time, and even then it didn't seem to nourish my skin enough for my needs. Saying this, my skin is PARCHED at the moment so it would take a lot for it to feel completely nourished and satisfied by any product, so I am quite a tough critic right now.

All in all I'm a huge fan of Neal's Yard, their natural products are right up my street, but everyone's skin is different and reacts differently to different products. So alas, I am still on the hunt for the perfect rose-hip oil product. Can you recommend any?

No comments:

Post a Comment