Tuesday, 1 May 2012

London College of Fashion Final Year Show



I was sooo excited when a pair of tickets to this private end of year viewing of all of LCF's top talent landed in my hands! Honestly, it's just such a thrill to see such amazing young designers all in one catwalk show, and seeing what has inspired them as they are really the future of fashion, quite literally!


So after a bit of drama getting there (tube from West London to Oxford street nightmare) we settled down to the show. I took a fair few pics, but the ones I'll show here are some key faves, in particular those of a certain miss Holly Jenkins - I'm biased as she's my flatmate and wonderful friend, but I'd be raving about her regardelss. Her inspo came from man-made disasters and the results at the show were just amazing, especially when you know just how much effort has gone into creating a garment. Like I said I was snap happy, so to not overload I have picked my personal two most outstanding collections to show you.

I don't know this designer, Archana Ravi Varma, but love the mix of colours and asian influences in this collection. These photo's were taken on my iphone so, annoyingly, don't do any justice at all:

Archana Ravi Varma

Archana Ravi Varma
Archana Ravi Varma
Archana Ravi Varma
Archana Ravi Varma
The next collection is by Holly Eloise Jenkins and I used my actual camera for these pics as I wanted to capture all the detail as the prints are so stunning (inspired by oil spills) in this intricate collection. Fabric, style, cut everything - perfection.

Holly Eloise Jenkins
Holly Eloise Jenkins

Holly Eloise Jenkins
Holly Eloise Jenkins

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment