Sunday, 25 March 2012

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
































I need to come clean about this post - this product isn't mine but my mama's. Yup I am home for the Easter holz and have already raided her beauty stash - forgive me mum. But this stuff really is irresistible and I bet you'd all do the same given the chance..

Kerastase is such a great brand and in my opinion do the best hair treatments, hands down. In London I usually use Moroccan Oil and as much as I like it, it is a bit too heavy for me (I need to try the lighter version!). But this elixir is slightly more gel/oil than just oil and so doesn't feel like it could make the hair greasy at all. It is composed of four oils: Maize, Argan, Camelia and Pracaxi oils.Of course you only use a tiny bit, on wet hair, focusing on the ends and the tiniest amount ever over dry hair. It also is dispensed by pump, which I know the larger bottles of Moroccan oil are but mine is just a mini bottle and so ALOT would come out when dispensing it. I can't really compare the overall effect of Kerastase Elixir V Moroccan Oil because both leave my hair looking and feeling amazingly soft, shiny and healthy and strong. But both don't come cheap unfortunately. I can find Kerastase online from between £25 and £45(!!) for 125ml, but your local salon should stock it too. Same for Moroccan oil, online is roughly £30 for 125ml.

I love using this as it smelt amazing, left my hair feeling super healthy and not weighed down and can also be used post-drying as a finishing touch. I don't think I'd splash out on it myself though at the moment due to the price tag- I think it's something I'd ask for at Christmas or so or as a very special treat. I was looking to try Coconut oil for my hair which I have heard is very good and also very cheap? I'll try and find some and do a little comparative review next time!

Love You Lots ♥

13 comments:

  1. Hello, great blog and cute pics you have here! I've been using the same product but just got Paul Mitchell's version of it and like it even more as the Kerastase one made my hair look wet sometimes and the PM one doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thankyaa! oooh i havnt tried anything paul mitchell yet! must get on that!x

      Delete
  2. I used Vo5 Miracle Concentrate Elixir which is about £5 and I find that's great :)x

    http://themusingsofflorence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah ive tried that too! i think my hair must be wayyy dry as it doesnt do much for me :( xx

      Delete
  3. sounds great! Love kerastase products, shame they are so expensive! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire! Coconut oil is amazing as is tresemme moroccan argon oil which is like £5! Hope you're well lovely! xooxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. katie-jane my gorgeous! ooooh i havnt even heard of that! love xxx

      Delete
  5. Amazing blog ! Would you mind take a look at mine and if you like it follow ? I follow back.

    http://models-on-the-runway.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, I have heard great things about this product but have always been to nervous to buy it cause the high price! Good to know it is such a great product!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very expensive! def as a treat but alot of comments here show that there's plenty cheaper alternatives! xx

      Delete
  7. I did not know about ur blog and is so cute! i'm following u now :) what about following eachother? :)
    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete