Thursday, 16 February 2012

Review: Naked Palette 2

Ok, I know by now every blogger worth their salt has written about Naked 2, but I didn't feel I could review it straight away as I needed to see how wearable it is etc before committing to an opinion on it.

I never had the original palette, though I used Fiona's whenever I had a chance to before a night out or so and I admit I loved it. When I heard about the Naked 2 I ordered it immediately and was far too excited!



This was about 3 weeks ago, and I need to be honest, I haven't really used it all at. I'm not disappointed in it as I do think the colours are really beautiful but they are just too sparkly and too much for everyday wear. I tried a smokey eye for a night out using some blackoutpistol and verve, but it wasn't really wow or anything and I usually prefer brown tones anyway and those particular ones are more grey/black.


In the daytime I have tried foxy, which really is just a base shadow I feel, and bootycall with tease as a darker accent as these are the most wearable colours and the least sparkly. Saying that, half-baked and chopper are lovely for me too but they're nothing new and I have had almost exact same colours in previous Rimmel and Topshop eyeshadow palettes, which are both a lot cheaper and not much less quality.


first 6 colours:

first six swatches:

second six colours:

second six swatches:


The quality of the shadows is fair, though I wish they had included their primer instead of a lipgloss in the set as there is some fall-out when applying. All in all I love Urban Decay as a brand in general, and this palette does offer a great range of neutral/smokey/brown tones but I have since reverted back to my MAC painpot for every day wear, which is a shame as I had such high hopes for this.

Did you too purchase this as soon as you saw it? Does it live up to your expectations?

Love You Lots

14 comments:

  1. Awe that is too bad! I had read so many great reviews on it! Thank you for your honest review though, it is so refreshing to read a review that is honest, straight forward and lets the reader know the products real deal!

    I am now following you, hope you will follow me back!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i really wish i had liked this much more, but then everyone is different in what they like! Im following you now too, your blog is lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cud use some of these for smoky eyes too.
    Guess it looks different on diff types of skin... :) but beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really want to buy this pallete! been wanting for a little while now!! Gorgeous! Love from a new follower.
    Check out my blog - http://stylecrescent.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing. I might just have to pick this one up! I love your blog, and I just followed you! It would be awesome if you would check mine out, give me some feedback and maybe a follow? It would make my day! Thanks girl, keep up the great work!
    http://justinerawrmakeup.blogspot.com/

    Justinerawr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ill check yours out now xx

      Delete
  6. Uch that's a bit rubbish it's not good for everyday wear - but looks great for nights out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep will just need to plan more nights out to get good use of it ;p xx

      Delete
  7. At first I wanted to buy this palette aswell, but then i found out there was so much shimmer, while I'm more of a matte - person, haha. The colours are still pretty though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, I love you blog!:-)
    Would you like to follow each other? M.

    My blog in english:
    http://illusoireblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes ill have a look at yours now :) x

      Delete